Hi everyone. I’m still about lurking in the dark shadows of the colouring world. Last month I experienced a renewed interest in colouring. With my physical problems now resolving I can once again indulge myself in long colouring jaunts. To kick it all off I did an inventory on all my WIP’s. It turns out that I had 25! Oops. Some people can happily loose interest in a piece, or abandon it if it isn’t turning out the way they envisioned it. I… can’t do that. My completest psych won’t let me. So I made a deal with myself. For every new picture I started I had to complete THREE WIP’s. I found an unused note book (sparkly pink hard cover from ‘Typo’ FYI) and made a list of my WIP’s along with other colouring notes I have decided to keep track of. I am dividing everything by the month they occur in so that I can keep a written history of what I’m doing for future comparison and reference. (Why didn’t I do this before?!) As I completed each piece I list it with the date in the current month.
And it worked.
Over the last two months I have powered my way through 23 of my 25 WIP’s and coloured a number of fresh pages. Please note that the WIP’s were all at different stages. Some were almost complete and only needed another hour or two though with others I was starting almost from scratch. I now have only three WIP’s left. YAY! They are the tiger from Magical Jungle, the echidnas in Wildscapes and a gel pen testing page I began a week ago to sort my gel pens with. It’s one of the pages I would never colour in for fun in ‘Color me Calm’ (the magazine style colouring book, not the Angela Porter one) so I’m not really counting it in. I have been holding out completing the tigers as I originally filmed it as a colouring tutorial. But given the number of colouring tutorials using this picture on the Net I will finish it privately and try to pick a page that doesn’t yet have a tutorial to do. Any suggestions?
Soooo… I intend to spam this blog with updates of all my completed works to date starting with the Brave Kitten from Hanna Karlzon’s ‘Dagdrommar’ above. This was one of my outstanding WIP’s from last year. I had only coloured the snail and the large leaves. I completed this picture using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils with a sprinkling of highlights from a Uniball Signo gel pen. I was aiming for bright greens, purples and oranges and I’m happy with the result. ‘Dagdrommar’ is one of the three books I would like to finish over the next couple of years, the other two being ‘Enchanted Forest’ and ‘A Magical City’.
I am planning to write a post that will explain what happened to me over the last 18 months so if you’re curious it will be up soon.
I will also be announcing another competition sponsored by Micador Australia at the end of the week. 🙂