Live Stream Event Announcement.

Hi everyone.  Hubby and I would like to invite you all to take part in our first (kinda’ sorta’) official Live Stream.Some of you may have taken a peak at our previous experimental session last week. We set up a Live Stream and suddenly all these people started popping in which we did not expect.  But we worked out how to handle things and it turned out to be a fun hour.  This time we will be better prepared.  ( I hope! 😀 )

The event will take place for people in the Melbourne/Sydney Time Zone at Midday 12pm AEST on Sunday the 27th of August.  If you are on the West Coast of the US it will be 7pm on Saturday 26th August and on the East Coast you can expect it at 10pm.  Europe, I’m so sorry but that will be 4am.  The Live Stream will be done through my YouTube channel (look for Peta Hewitt ) although we may test different platforms in the future.

I hope you will join us for a colour and a chat.  I will be using the new Derwent ProColour pencils so ask any question about them and I will try to answer.

1. sinjorinot

hmmm guess I have to watch the fun afterwards on you tube or somehow be awake Sunday 4 a.m. Lol However, have a lot of fun. Will be ineresting regarding the ProColour pencils

Ho Sinjorinot. Sorry about that. It’s very hard to match up time zones and somebody always misses out. Hubby and I are discussing having another live stream at a time aimed at people who live the time bands that miss out on this one.

2. Gijzette

I’m hoping to join. One correction, US East Coast will be 10pm and West coast will be 7pm.

Got it. Thanks. I messed up when writing this. You are quite correct of course and I have altered the post above to show the correct times.

3. Lynn

What coloring book please? Don’t find it in “Summer Nights” although it seems the same style. Thanks in advance.
    Lynn In Colorado

1. Lynn In Colorado

Found it…Seasons Coloring Book: Published in Sweden as “Tidevarv” and I can get it in time through Amazon. Will have to use my Prismas or Polychromos though.

4. Samantha G.

I notice you have had some play time with your new pencils. Not that I need more pencils, but I was wondering if you had any first impressions of them you would be willing to share?

5. Mari Brady

Dear Peta:

I just ordered the ProColour pencils and can’t wait to get them. I have a quick question regarding a color in Tutorial #2. The flowers were a light violet and then you said to use a deafed blue for the darker shade. I can’t find that color. Is it in the Derwent or Faber Castell line? I’m looking forward to the live stream here on the East Coast. You and your husband really do so much for all of us who love to color. Thank you!

Mari

Mari, it’s Faber Castell Polychromos Delft Blue. 🙂

1. Mari Brady

Dear Paula:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help! Sometimes I have trouble figuring out the colors used and have questions like the one you answered. Thank you again for taking the time to help me out. Please keep an eye out on the posts because I’ll probably need help again (smile)

Mari

You’re welcome, Mari! 🙂

6. Mari Brady

Oops, I’m referring to the second tutorial for the Grasshopper that I can’t find the deafed blue for the darker shade of the flower. I looked at the way it was spelled on the written part of your video so I got that part right…I just can’t find it.

After looking at what you’ve done with this picture using the Derwent ProColour I’m excited to get them.

Mari

1. Lynn

Maybe Delft blue?

7. Lynn In Colorado

Loved your live stream event and really appreciate your comment on using the battery powered eraser and just switched mine out. Much better!

If anybody wants to determine equivalent colors between Derwents, Prismacolor, Polychromos, etc. I’ve found a wonderful resource where you can print a page of each brand’s colors. Your printer won’t show the exact shades, but you can still match them up if you use the same printer for each sheet. Go to www,penciltopics.co.uk and click on brands then “color comparisons”.

8. Rana

Hello
    Enjoyed the live stream. Would like to ask your opinion about Derwent soft colour in comparison to procolour? Which one should I buy?!

9. Kristy Tyra

Hi, Peta! Always enjoy watching you color. And I always learn something new. I have a couple of questions for you. I remember you reviewing the Marco Raffine pencils. Have you tried their Marco Renoir pencils? And besides the Inktense, do you have a favorite brand of Watercolor pencils? Thank you!