Third Jasmine Becket-Griffith Picture: Wolf friend.

I just realised that I didn’t post my third Jasmine Becket-Griffth Coloring Book picture.  Sorry for the confusion.  Here it is!  This is one from her Loup Garou series (French for Were-wolf) and features the princess Snow-White with two wolf friends.  Animal fur is one of my comfort zones in colouring and I enjoyed creating those shaggy coats.  Snow’s dress was another matter.  So much red.  I’m not a red person and my red pencils are the longest ones in my case.  I will have to try and do more red based pictures to get a better feel for them.  the base colours I chose for this picture were green, red, purple with yellow highlights.  Note how I have created two different coloured light sources to give the picture and eiry, magical look:  yellow from above and to the right and purple from below and to the left.  This is a very fun and effective technique.  the secret is to colour the highlights in before you add any of the other colours. 🙂

1. BigT

I just love this. The fur, the dress, the hair….all wonderful.

Funny how people see things in different ways. My reds, oranges and yellows are the shortest pencils in my pencil box. I use so much Prismacolor crimson red and vermilion that I buy those colors by the dozen. I don’t think I’ve ever colored a page that I haven’t used one or the other, even just a little bit, somewhere on the page.

1. Joyce

Big T, I love those colors as well ?
      Peta, as usual, another stunning piece. In general, this line of pictures has not held a lot of interest for me, but when I see what you do with them……wow, makes me wonder

2. BigT

I may have inadvertently caused confusion. I think of a particular Prismacolor color as vermilion but the actual color name in the Prismacolor line is poppy red.

Hi BigT
      I’m the same but add purples to the list and pinks too now that I think of it. Love purple and pink so much those are the colours of my hair?

4. Marinella

Hi Peta

I’m not sure where to email you, so I hope that you receive this request. I am an avid colourist and just love and subscribe to your YouTube tutorials. I find them extremely helpful and interesting. Please could explain what are the best colours to use for shading. I tend to use black because I like the depth it gives. From watching tutorials I see that black is not the ideal colour to use, or is it a personal choice? Thank you for such amazing tutorials and reviews!

2. Gijzette

Beautifully done! I love how you used the two light sources. The fur on the wolves is very realistic. Can you do a tutorial on both of these effects please?

3. Natasha

Wonderful job as always Ms Peta!!

4. Tiffi

You should do a color along with this book!! I love it so much and it would be fun to see you color one “in person” 🙂 this is beautiful.

5. Norrie

I love it! I’d also love to see a video on how you colour night scenes. All those lights and shadows look pretty cool!

6. Jo

Another stunner! Are you still planning doing a tutorial on fur, I really struggle with making mine look like actual fur. Hope you and hubbys hectic schedule hasn’t started to calm down a it.
    Much love from the UK

1. Jo

Sorry I meant I hope your schedule has calmed down not hasn’t!

7. Jana Dean

Hi PETA, the last video I’ve seen on your YouTube channel is when you reviewed Magical Jungle. I see on your Instagram page you’ve been doing some coloring but but I’m really missing your tutorials where you color a page and give us the colors you use. I’m just checking in to make sure you are ok. It seems unusual for you not to have done any pages out of Magical Jungle and I’m concerned that something is disrupting your regular tutorials you post on YouTube. Please let me know if you are ok. I hope all is well with you and your family. ☺️

8. Karen Reynolds

Will you be posting a video of how you colored this on Youtube? I hope so! It is so beautiful!

9. Lectus

Gorgeous!

10. Mona

Miss you Peta 🙁 Hope all is well with you…..

11. Sabrina

Miss you too ?

Boy do I miss you Peta?
    This colouring is just fanstastic.

13. Kelly Gonio

Dear Peta,
    Just checking in….where are you? Please come back! I miss your coloring and tutorials. I hope you are ok.
    Best wishes,
    Kelly

14. Carol Barnard

Hi Peta
    Thank you for sharing your techniques.
    Hope you and yours are all well. Take care.

15. Debbie Harback

Awesome coloring as usual.Love your color scheme. As the others have said, haven’t heard from you in a while. Hope all is well there. Will be saying a little prayer for you and your family. I do have a problem that I would like explained if possible from anyone. My coloring pencils have been disappearing on the pages. I have Joanna Bradford’s coloring book, and 3 of the top pencils. PC, FC-PolyC, and Derwent. They are soaking into the paper. I have to go over them the next day. Does anyone have any ideas.
    Thanks, Debbie

1. Mona

I have the same problem…It’s frustrating when you put so much time into it then go back the next day and it looks speckled.

1. Debbie Harback

I wish I could know the reason for this. I’ve been coloring for not quite a year and I just started noticing this. Really bugs me. Peta would know, but haven’t heard from her. Wish she would give us a sign to let us know she’s ok….

16. Jennifer

Hoping all is well with you and your family. I really miss seeing your tutorials and blog posts! Please let us know you are okay.

17. Rebecca

I’ll add my voice in concern and prayer for you and your family. You are truly missed.

18. Jennifer Thomas

Peta… we all really hope you and your family are okay! You are our queen, the queen of us colorists! And I hope you are okay. You’ve just disappeared and I know we are all getting worried. I miss ur videos a bunch but would just like to know that ur doing OK because havent seen any posts or anything. I know u went back to work as an RN and your husband also works full time as well and that yall don’t have as much time as you used too but even if you can’t make videos… I still want u to know that u are truly missed and we all hope you aND ur family are doing good.

19. Mari

Dear Peta:

I’ve been checking daily to see if you’re back and like the others who have written want to say how much you’re missed. You’ve touched us all and we pray that everything is ok. Hopefully you can feel our love and support.

Mari

20. Samantha G.

I would like to add my wishes for your well being and hope you and yours are ok. We all love you and miss you. No pressure, but could you please just let us know what we can do to help, if anything. You are greatly missed.

21. Maggie X

Like the others, let’s hope we hear from you soon. I am new at colouring and you were my first and most favourite YouTube viewings.
    Do have a fabulous sunny Christmas, as I hope to have here in NZ.

22. Tracy

More good wishes Peta for you and your family!

23. Rachel

Another well wisher here who’s missing your videos and posts. Do hope you’re okay and just busy with life.

I have checked on videos and your blog Peta but no news. I’m very concerned about you. While it is none of our business what is happening in your private life many of us are very worries. I can only wish you the best and hope Xmas brings you peace and that eventually we see you back with us.??

25. Carol

I too am very concerned about you. I keep checking to see if you have posted anything. I’m hoping everything is OK. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Hope to see you back soon.

26. Mari Brady

Dear Peta:

You and your family are with us all every day but especially during this holiday season. To say that you’re missed doesn’t begin to describe how we feel. I hope that 2017 is a happy and healthy one for you and those you love.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas

Take care
    Mari

27. Rebecca Tooley

You are missed, for being you. Not only a teacher. Praying you and yours all the best Christmas has to offer. The birthday of a King. Merry Christmas and may your New Year bring about welcome opportunities to change and grow.
    Fondly,
    Rebecca

28. Mari Brady

Dear Peta:

I check every day to see if you’re back and am sad that you’re not. I hope that 2017 brings you and your family only the very best. You are missed. We’ll all be here when you return. Until then you ‘re in my prayers.

Love