Stand By for a Colouring Competition!

I have had many people asking me if I will be producing my own colouring book and lending their support to the idea.  Well I’m not quite ready to do that yet but how about if I give you the opportunity to colour some of my artwork.  And how about if I make it a little more interesting by turning it into a colouring competition with some really amazing prize packs for the winners?

Well I have.

La-artistino in conjunction with those wonderful people at Micador, Australia’s own art supplies company, will be running a month long colouring competition!

I have created three unique pieces of art (you can see a sneak peak of them in the picture above) for you to colour which I will be making available for download through this site.  I leave the details of the competition for the official announcement next week but I’ll let you in a few goodies.  Firstly Each prize pack will consist of a number of seriously awesome Micador products sponsered by Micador, all of which I use extensively myself and secondly: you can enter just one, two or all three of the pictures you’ve coloured… tripling your chance of being a winner!

Stand by for more details.  The official announcement and competition will be posted next Monday and will run for four weeks.  Get your pencils ready. 🙂

1. Makayla Latham

How and where do I get pictures to color for contest?

The competition will start in one weeks time on Monday 7th June. I will provide you with the links to the pictures on that date. 🙂

2. Alycia

Eeeeeeekkkkk!!!!! SO excited for this!!!

3. Christina

I am so beyond excited! I can’t wait to color your work. Thank you for making this available to us all.

4. Rachelle Daley

Yay! Can’t wait!

5. Carol Paul

I can hardly wait!

6. BigT

I may not much for competitions but I can’t wait for the opportunity to color your artwork. Looking forward to it.

BigT

7. Milania

thats cool. cant wait 🙂

8. Nikita

So exciting!!!

9. Angelle McDougall

I can’t wait! Thank you, Peta. 🙂

10. Francoise Hurt

Awesome Peta. You’re the best!!

11. Amanda

I love your work!!!

Everyday i check if there is an update on your site and now i see this amazing work!!

Greetings from the Netherlands

12. Lana

This is an amazing chance to colour your work, Peta! Thank you so much! I am also totally exiced about this and can`t wait for next Monday! You are brilliant <3

13. L. Smith

Ahhh – I’m so excited! This lands right when I have a bunch of free time for coloring! Your linework looks so awesome. Thank you for hosting this!

14. Sandra Morris

Can’t wait! I have a week off in June, plenty of time for colouring.

15. Lesley Anne

From the glimpses I can see of your pictures, I would be very interested if you were to create your own book. Think it would be amazing!

16. Courtney

Hooray! I’ve seen the videos you put up showing some of your art, and I would love the opportunity to color in something drawn by you. Greetings from Louisiana, US!

17. Elle Dechene

This is terrific news, colouring pages by Peta! I do hope this is an intro to your own colouring book.

18. Susan

Wauw that is great news! I’m going to love to colour your artwork! Can’t hardly wait

19. Jenna

AHH I’m so excited! I hope the winner isn’t chosen by artistic talent…if so then I may as well pack up now :p

20. Alissa

Just a quick question about paper; any recommendations on what to get to print on.
    I might need to order some. – watercolor paper that I then cut to size, card stock, scrapbooking paper, etc.

PS. I think the animals are very cute in the one on the far right.

21. Nuria

Peta this is great! I don’t know if I will be able to enter the competition but I will be colouring your pages for sure, they are lovely!

Unreal!
    It’ll be so much fun. I can’t wait to see what other colourists come up with.
    Thanks Peta.

23. Melissa Kyzar

How exciting! I’d love to color these – even if I don’t enter the actual contest. Beautiful work! And I vote for you making a coloring book! Something that includes the Australian animals so unique to your home would be amazing! I’m American and way back in grade school we had to pick an animal to research and do a report on and I picked the Koala. Ever since, I’ve been fascinated by the unusual animals so unique to Australia – especially marsupials! 🙂

24. Mary

Exciting! The samples above look great.

25. Pam

Love it, can’t wait!
    You are awesome!

26. Phyllis Stuart

Wow! What a great opportunity! I’m really looking forward to it.

27. Elizabeth Wright

This is wonderful, I’m very excited. I was wondering if it will be open Internationally? I live in South Africa and we are often excluded from competitions.

Hi Elizabeth, Micador is sponsering the contest and as far as I know there are no restrictions. You are as free to enter as anyone anywhere in the world.

2. Astrid

Ow I hope so too!

28. Jacky

Hi Peta
    So agree that your tutorials work because toy explain and day what and why you are doing it at a speed I can take on. Also love you are human and make mistakes and share your learning with us

29. Sheila E

Like everyone else… I’m So Excited!

30. Ysabel

wow! i will be happy to colouring your draw, fantastic contest!!
    sorry for my english

31. Joyce F

Peta, this is just great. These pieces look like so much fun. I’ don’t expect I will find enough time to color one of these well enough that I would be willing to put it out for public inspection, but I certainly plan to print them and color them at a leisurely pace. Judging from what these look like, between your already loyal followers plus how lovely these are, I expect your future book will sell well enough that you could make full time work out of your art. Don’t know if you are ready to give up nursing but it wold be nice to have the option, wouldn’t it? I do have a question, and that is what kind of paper can I purchase to use in my printer that would allow for the best possible colored pencil results?

Hi Joyce. I would LOVE to work on nothing but art and colouring. It would be the sort of job that i wouldn’t want to stop for a meal or go to bed because I want to keep working. How many jobs can you say that about. 🙂 Unfortunately it isn’t an option at the moment but maybe one day.
      About the competition enries. While i would prefer to display them in a gallery here if you do not want your’s displayed I will not upload it but it can still be in the competition. (I would display it if it was a winner, though, because i think then everyone would like to see it.)
      Now paper… for everyone here too… I suggest card stock if you can get it. Card stock often has a slightly rougher side and a slightly smoother side so pick which side suits your pencils best first. Most printers can take a surprising range of papers although you may have to adjust the setting to allow thicker paper through. Whatever you use test it first with your pencils or what you plan to colour with to make sure that it will be comfortable to use and take the pencils nicely.

1. J Ferrone

Thanks for this very helpful information Peta

32. Karen L

I have been waiting all week for this since you announced it! I’m so excited to get started!