Video Tutorial: The Magical City with Inktense Pencils Part 2.

If you haven’t spotted it yet the second episode of my Inktense tutorial using the Paris picture in Lizzie Mary Cullen’s ‘The Magical City’ is now live.  I had hoped to have the whole building completed in part 2 but we discovered on editing that it would take well over 2 hours.  So we decided to cut it in 2 with the remaining foreground making up the 4th and last in this series.  Part 2 has been up for a few days now (oops it’s been a busy week with family health problems).  Part 3 will be posted sometime during this week so you won’t have to wait too long to finish your buildings.

1. Phyllis Stuart

I hope all is well with your family!

2. Bobbi

Thank you for your perseverance in getting this to work. I know how frustrating the computer issues can be. I appreciate all you do to make coloring accessible to those of us that are learning.

3. Kathy

Thank you so much for your work I love each and everyone you put out ! I really have learned so much and I am having a great time learning to use all these new types of art materials. You have helped open up the artist inside. Have a great day 🙂

4. Jo

Peta, thank you so much for all you do. Truly appreciate these tutorials. You are amazing. Thank you

5. Catherine

Does anyone know if the book titled Magical Cities, published by Faber Castell Australia and available from Officeworks, has the same pictures, or what the quality of the paper is like? I believe it’s only available here in NZ and Australia. Just curious if anyone else has seen this one and It’s a little hard to dig much up on google

Hi Catherine, I can answer this one as I saw it for sale briefly at my local OfficeWorks. I only flicked through it while I was in the shop so i can’t comment too much on the paper quality although it did feel nice and thick. The book is essentially a cut down version of The Magical City with the same illustrations but not as many. It retailed, I think, for around $10 Australian which is about half the price of the full version.

I love this tutorial so much. I’m learning so much! Thank you, thank you! Best wishes to your family, I hope everyone is feeling better now. 🙂

7. Chris S.

Thank you for the great tutorials. I am really learning a lot from you. It is fun to watch pillars and overhangs suddenly pop out in 3D as you show us how to shade. Thanks.