The Rooster From Dagdrommar.

I just can’t leave this book alone!  But with so much inky goodness I can’t pick what to do next either so this time I handed Dagdrommar to my wonderful, long suffering and very supportive hubby and asked him to pick a page.  And he picked this one.  Challenge accepted!  I googled photos of roosters until I found a breed I really wanted to use as a basis for colours and decided on a particularly brightly coloured brown leghorn.  Then of course the flowers I just had fun with.  Coloured over a couple of days using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils.  No blending medium was used.  I don’t do blending mediums although I recently bought a couple of Derwent blender pens to try out.

1. AnnW

Ah say, ah say that’s a pretty cool rooster.

Foghorn J. Leghorn

1. Laura

tee hee…

So beautiful, as always! I can’t wait to get this book after seeing your beautiful work in it. I have both of her books pre-ordered on Amazon. yay. 🙂

3. Joan

Incredible.

4. Monika

That looks … amazing. I’ll get the book when it will be available on Amazon.de, at the moment I just can’t justify buying another coloring book if I also have to pay for the shipment from another country. 🙂

fair enough. Shipping prices are terrible. In shipping to Australia they can be more expensive than the actual item itself!

1. Jim Musson

Just bought one for my wife, about $30 usd shipped.

5. Sandrine

Have you already try the inktense pencils in the swedish books ?

Not yet. It’s on my to do list.

6. Jason

Funnily enough this book goes by the English title of “daydream” in Canada. I wonder why it’s in Swedish in Australia. Are there a lot of Swedes in Australia?

The book isn’t currently sold in Australia. us Aussies have been ordering our copies directly from Sweden.

7. Reva Sharon

First, I want to compliment you again. Your sense of color is wonderful, and the results are for all to see in your videos. Such a pleasure. I usually shop on Amazon so have been waiting for several items to come into stock. The Marco Renoir 72 set has been out until just recently. I have decided to buy both the Renoir and the Raffine oil based set. From what I think I know now there are several types of Raffine sets. There is the oil based, a soft core cased, water soluble, and some they jst call fine art pencils. I am not sure if all the sellers are truthful but there are some that seem to be selling pencils for the longest time. So, like everyone else I will try my luck.
    As I think I mentioned before I have worked with other media in the past, but pencils are new for me, and I do love the look of fine pencil work, especialy yours!
    I also believe your grace and way of presenting the reviews, the tutorials, etc., is so fine and your manner in addition to being graceful, makes people feel like you are talking to each of us. Those are gifts you have as well as your artistic talent.
    I expect to order the pencils today, except for the Lyra which will have to wait — largely out of stock at present, or suddenly over-priced. I will wait until Amazon or Blick has new stock. If there is anything interesting about the Renoir or Raffine pencils, I will let you know.
    Thank you for all your fine work and teaching so well,
    Reva

8. Angela C

This is gorgeous! I just started coloring about 4 months ago and your videos on YouTube have been very helpful and inspirational. Thanks for all your hard work!

9. Barbara Cowart

Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture! I saw your review of the book and I love it.
    I have friends from Sweden coming for a few weeks in June. I am planning to have them bring one to me.

10. Rebecca

If you have a moment, and I understand you probably can’t respond to every post, could you please post about the yellow background? At what point did you color it? I’m assuming it is pastels? I got the spray and the pastels and I haven’t been able to bring myself the courage to use them!

This is stunning!

Hi Rebecca. It is getting a bit difficult responding to everyone. (I can spend up to three hours a morning trying to answer every question.) But I’ll still endeavour to try. 🙂 The yellow back ground is actuaully a Caran d’Ache Luminance 6901 pencil that i bought to test. It’s a kind of lime yellow colour. Do try your pastels out on spare pieces of paper or at the back of your colouring books til you feel you know how to handle them. Colour some blobs in with your pencils and see how the pastel handles over them as well.

1. Rebecca

Great! I appreciate the response! Why do always forget I can test things out on scraps! My mind’s sieve. I’ll have to work that problem out myself! LOL. Thank you!

11. Ginger A. Burkey

What a vibrant rooster! I love him! You have inspired me so much. I ordered Dagdrommar from the Pen store due to the fact that I fell in love with it during your walk through presentation. Love your accent too! It’s very calming on the nerves. Keep up the gorgeous work, Peta!

Fabulous colouring Peta as always.
    For anyone interested booktopia in Australia has it online $6.95 postage and 3 different versions inc hardcover. 3 different prices. They also have fabulous colouring books for good prices and I just bought several 70% off ones on sale.
    I love watching your videos and learning so much. Thanks Peta for producing them.
    Cheers
    Lo

Sooty July 2nd release. Missed that

Sorry not sooty. 🙂

14. SanJuana

I enjoy watching your coloring talent, thank you for sharing!