Colouring Tutorial: Duck Pond Part 3.

… is now live.  Sadly i forgot to take a photo of the completed section prior to starting part 4… didn’t realise my mistake until I checked my camera log. 🙁

But here it is on Youtube. 🙂

1. Coral

Thank you for continuing with this Peta. I love your color choices.

2. Mari

Dear Peta:

Another wonderful video. Thank you! It’s exciting to see the picture come to life. Could you please tell me what colors, especially the blue, used to make the sword shiny? That was in Part 2 and it’s the only thing I seem to have missed. I can’t wait for Part 4 when we do the water. Thank you again for all your hard work. You make us better and give so much pleasure.

Mari

Hi Mari. In the sword I used cool grey VI, cool grey IV, cool grey II and the blue I used was light phthalo blue… all polychromos colours. i filmed part four last Monday and it includes the rest of the fish, the eel, the chest, the ‘pond grass’ and the water which i have chosen to do in semi realistic pond water colours (sort of muddy yellow greens with rays of light streaming through it.) It should be up by next Sunday.

1. Mari

Thank you, Peta,for taking the time to answer my questions. I’ve been wanting to learn how to color rays of light through water (I just did a jellyfish and had no idea how to bring.light to it). So, Part 4 can’t come soon enough. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Mari

2. Mari

Dear Peta:

I just finished Part 3 and had to go back and complete the fish in Part 2. The only color I didn’t have is the Derwent Pink Madeline. I looked for it online but couldn’t find it. Am I spelling it correctly?

Thank you!

3. Kathy

I love your tutorial videos! Thank you so much for doing this series, can’t wait for part 4.

4. Ana

Thank you for episode 3 of this series. Looking forward for the next one!

5. Tracy

I’m loving this series even though I am “on hold” with the second video for the moment. I decided this series was the perfect time for me to splurge and get some of the Derwent Artist pencils (which I finally figured out are not available in open stock anywhere in the US!). I just got a set of 24 since that includes a couple of the colors you use from your collection (including the all important blue-gray and mineral green colors!) and then if I love them, I can order more from the UK.

I enjoy being “enabled” to buy more coloring supplies! Hey, have you seen that Kerby Rosanes has a new book (Imagimorphia) that will be coming out in June? 🙂

That’s a good way to start with the Derwents. You will find that the cores are harder than other artist pencils (but still softer than most student grade pencils). Out of all the pencils i have I prefer the colour range offered by the Derwent Artists. My dream set of pencils would be Polychromos style cores with Derwent colours. AlsoI apologise about the Derwents in respect to their availability. Derwents are the most common Artist pencils available in Australia and it did not occur to me that they would be difficult to obtain in the U.S. and other countries, I’m so used to seeing them everywhere. I am trying to remember to demonstrate the colour of the pencils I use to give viewers a chance to select a similar one out of their own brands.
      And yes! I’m excited about Imagimorphia. It is definately on my wish list. I am currently enjoying an Animorphia-centric colouring craze. My latest large piece is the double spreed ‘Wave ponies’ where I’ve filled in the second page with my own doodles. I will be posting an update on this one shortly.

6. Claire

I’m amazed at how my duck pond picture has come to life thanks to you, Peta. It looks so professional, I’m really impressed with myself 🙂 Thanks for your inspiration and guidance, I’m hoping to apply the techniques used here in all my future colouring adventures!

7. Danielle

Currently my favorite coloring book is color me fearless. I really enjoy watching your videos.Thank you for all your videos and the time you spend making them for us.

8. Jacqueline

Dear PETA

Thank you for a wonderful video I was very reluctant to use my 120 set of Faber catell but in doing your video’s along with you I use mine all the time know and I usealot of your methods in other pieced. Also I was very reluctant to get amimorph book bbu watching your video has changed my mind. Can I ask that if you do a video on Millie marotta books, to show use how’s o do eyes.
    Jacqueline

K

9. KATHY WEBER

Did you realize on Part four that you never finished the eel? (the part of tail through the skull) I kept waiting for you to see it LOL!

I love watching you, I’m learning so much, I need to start doing!

10. Emilia Montañes Martin

Peta I just love your pictures. I follow your tutorials an I am learning a lot. Thank you very much for your great lessons.
    I am Spanish and here we cannot find the Micador Rush Colors, that would be lovely if I won the prize. I am suscribed at your channel . Do I have to do anything else to participate?
    In case I am not one of the winners, how could I get this pencils? Thanks