Stag Heads. Animorphia.

Remember my recent video tutorial on how I colour pictures in Kerby Rosanes’ Animorphia.  Here is the completed image.  Coloured with Micador ColouRush pencils and my old set of cheapy Fun Stuff pencils.  Feel free to use the principles of applying colour in my video along with the colour selection I have used to complete your pictures.  Have fun. 🙂

Stags1

Hint… the crocodiles were not coloured with green. Instead I used a lemon yellow and blended in an ultramarine blue to get a vibrant looking virideon green. Experiment with creating secondary colours using primary colours for some interesting surprises.

Stags2

This picture is coloured the same as the other half. unfortunately I don’t have good lighting so it looks a little washed out in this photograph. But you get the idea. Note my ‘bright colour’ solution for colouring in the black crow on the far left of the picture: I use a black pencil but then add sky blue along the outer edges of the bird to make it come to life.

1. AnnW

Ahhh, thank you , THANK YOU!

2. Natalia

Ohh that is gorgeous! I’m a new fan of you and I’m excited to start colouring Animorphia. I bought the UK version with better paper quality from Book Depository. It came fast. I watched your recent video about colouring Enchanted Forest in real time and also I would definitely love to see you colouring Animorphia in real time too. Please! Your creativity to choose the colors is amazing. I’m looking forward to learn that.

3. Kris

That is stunning coloring! You are a wonderful artist and I truly enjoy all of your videos as well!

4. Nadine

Peta,
    You are not only a wonderful artist but a great teacher as well. I have found your colouring tutorials extremely helpful and inspiring. I would love to see a tutorial from the Animal Kingdom colouring book as well as more Derwent Inktense tutorials from Magical City. Thanks to you I recently purchased MC and some inktense pencils and am really enjoying them.

Happy colouring!

5. Phyllis Stuart

Please do a color along with Animorphia! ???I would love to follow along like with the duck pond series. Thank you for the tutorial. I’m working on the stags now.

6. Petra

I’m just working on this piece and I must say it is extreme fun, once I’ve learnt from you how to work with light in Kerby’s pictures. Thank you for this one!

7. AnnW

Could you please do a video on how to color animal fur?

One is in the planning stage. not sure on a time frame yet but stand by it is coming

1. AnnW

Great! Thanks!

8. Kate

I just purchased this book and I think my eyeballs will bleed when I start it lol
    I am fairly new to colouring and still trying to get the hang of shadows, where light will hit a surface and how to do that with the correct shades.
    Your tutorials and videos have been an enormous help so far Peta. Thank you and keep up the fantastic work!

9. Jo Wood

Just finished this picture now and I’m really pleased with it. I used the techniques I have learnt from your tutorials to complete it. Thanks for all the time and effort you put in to these tutorials.

Jo